Industry: Human Resources
Location: Mississauga, ON
Wage: $50,000 to $55,000 per annum
- Lead the full cycle recruitment for various positions including that of IT & Software, Construction, Real Estate Leasing, etc.
- Create and/or update various job descriptions to attract and source high-quality candidates that can fill those roles.
- Create and implement inbound and outbound recruiting strategies.
- Extend verbal job offers, and draft employment agreements specific to individual roles.
- Coordinate onboarding and orientation for new employees including the gathering of important new hire forms, setting employees up with access and communicating logistics with hiring managers.
- Relay recruiting policies and procedures collect documents and complete paperwork.
- Gather and analyze data with useful HR metrics, like time to hire and employee turnover rates.
- Present onboarding presentation to new hires and develop recruitment sourcing strategies.
- Assist hiring managers in selecting competencies and preparing for interviews.
- Research staffing trends, establish systematic workflows, and recommend solutions to improve our company’s recruitment practices & Determine HR metrics, such as turnover rates and cost-per-hire, review departmental budgets, and maintain employee records
- Complete payroll change form for providing ROE information, pay increases, or internal transfers to the Accounting department.
- Work closely with managers to navigate employee relations issues and inquiries.
- Prepare and lead various performance improvement plans.
- Terminate employees and process resignations as required. Complete exit interviews where required.
- Primary contact for outside parties regarding confirmation of employment, ROE confirmation etc.
- Conduct routine human resource tasks including verifying trade credentials, licensing, etc.
- Maintain compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommend best practices.
- Prepare confidential and essential HR documents such as employment contracts, new hire forms, termination letters, promotion letters, and performance improvement plans.
- Act as the main point of contact for managers, employees, and outside vendors as it relates to human resources.
- Communicate and help key players retrieve and understand HR policies, guidelines, and processes. Escalating discussions to HRBP as needed.
- Lead and organize the Joint Health & Safety Committee quarterly meetings to ensure all Ontario guidelines are being met by the company and successfully completed JHSC Certificate (Part 1)
- Promotes the company’s reputation and attractiveness as a great company with career opportunities.
- Oversee quarterly performance review and performance improvement plans, and relay process to all supervisors/managers to complete for subordinate staff.
- Manages internship / apprenticeship programs and co-ordinate employee events.
- Act as backup to HR Administrator and HR Business Partner.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Be legally able to work in Canada and have direct Canadian HR experience as an HR Coordinator or similar role.
- Minimum of 2-3 years of recruiting experience with employee relations.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Fantastic organizational and time management skills.
- Strong decision-making and problem-solving skills.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Integrity and trustworthiness
- Highly computer literate with capability in email, MS Office, and related business and communication tools.
- Paid lunch breaks
- Bonuses paid twice a year
- Career growth opportunities
Please tailor your Resume and Cover Letter; if needed consult your counsellor, and send the documents to firstname.lastname@example.org