General Help – PCAS-2022-IV017
Industry: Hospitality Industry
Location: Mississauga, ON
Wage: Positions range between $15.75 and $16.00 depending on experience and location
- Prepares a variety of food according to production guidelines and standardized recipes
- Prepares ingredients by measuring, weighing, mixing, chopping, etc.
- Operates equipment such as ovens, stoves, mixers, etc.
- Properly stores food, stock shelves by adhering to food safety policies and procedures
- Collect cash in polite and efficient manner
- Maintains excellent customer service and positive demeanor towards guests, customers, clients, co-workers, etc.
- Adheres to safety policies and procedures including proper food safety and sanitation
- This job profile does not contain a comprehensive listing of all required activities, duties, or responsibilities. Job duties, responsibilities and activities may change, or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without prior notice
- Previous experience working in a kitchen
- Knowledge of food safety regulations such as proper food handling, sanitation, storage
- Required to obtain food safety certification(s)
- Demonstrates interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Must be able to work with teenagers
- Must be able to follow basic safety procedures due to exposure to hazardous chemicals
This role may have physical demands including, but not limited to, lifting, bending, pushing, pulling and/or extended walking and standing. This role may also require uniforms and/or usage of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
The positions are between 7am – 2 pm where the shift lengths may vary.