Food Service Worker Lead – PCAS-2022- IV019
Industry: Hospitality Industry
Location: Brampton, ON
Wage: Positions range between $16.50 and $17.50 depending on experience and location
- Lead all aspects of and assist in preparation of food items for the day and verifying the expiry dates on the products.
- Handling cash, daily banking deposits, tracking and daily maintenance of documents
- Responsible for placing orders and inventory management
- Cook and otherwise prepare foods according to recipes and directions
- Responsible for use of accurate portions when preparing and serving items on the line
- Maintain daily temperature logs
- Responsible for taking samples of all food items on the line prior to serving the customers as required by health and safety.
- Alert management and pull food items that do not meet quality expectations
- Complete opening and closing station checklists
- Greet customers as they approach and leave the serving line
- Handle any complaints while maintaining a positive attitude and smile.
- Coordinate and assist in maintaining a clean workstation (including floors, work areas, equipment, walls, and refrigerators)
- Ensures that all work areas and serving utensils are cleaned and sanitized
- Responsible for accurate disposal of waste from the service line
- Assist with daily safety observations and report safety hazards discovered in the location to management immediately
- Cross-train in areas as the need arises
- Able to work in concessions, catering, and special events required by your manager
- Perform tasks as requested by your manager on a weekly, bi-weekly, or monthly basis
- Lead all aspects of and advise the employees working on the line to ensure timely and effective service of the customers. Request support from utility workers for sanitation issues of the line as needed.
- Great customer service and interpersonal skills
- Strong leadership and supervisory skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to follow detailed written and verbal instructions
- Food Service Experience preferred
- Requires frequent lifting/transporting hot food items
- Ability to work inside kitchen area, interact with heated equipment, steam, loud noise, chemicals, and other at-risk conditions
This role may have physical demands including, but not limited to, lifting, bending, pushing, pulling and/or extended walking and standing. This role may also require uniforms and/or usage of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
The positions are between 7am – 2 pm where the shift lengths may vary.