Industry: Social Services; Employment Ontario
Type of Employment: Permanent Full-time
Location: 975 Meyerside Drive, Mississauga, ON
We are looking for a suitable candidate to fulfill the position of Project Manager with Peel Career Assessment Services. This is an exciting opportunity for a seasoned professional to join a vibrant non-profit organization. The Project Manager will work with all team members to plan, implement, and evaluate service strategies and organizational operating/business plans, to achieve the target of overall employment service quality. The incumbent will also ensure professional operation and availability of all resources, information, and tools necessary for the successful delivery of the full spectrum of employment services.
- Coordinate, schedule, and support all ES program activities in accordance with the ES guidelines/performance management standards including participant intake, workshops/information sessions, and participant placement
- Monitor quality and consistency of participant and employer file/record management; files, EOIS CaMs and internal data management system (CaseFLO)
- Ensure all monthly and annual ES contract expectations and program targets are achieved; Intake, placement, outcome and follow-up/review targets
- Participate in yearly business plan development, preparation of detailed reports, cashflow reconciliation, expenditure reports and other compliance reports as required for continuous improvement strategies
- Travel within Ontario to establish, maintain and act in a leadership capacity to develop partnerships and participate in community activities
- In consultation with the Executive Director, recruit, interview, and hire ES staff as necessary
- Ensure timely completion of organization, site, and program orientation/training for all new ES staff
- Provide direct formal and informal coaching/supervision/performance management for all staff at ES service delivery sites
- Conduct annual performance reviews with staff and provide recommendations for professional development
- Ensure staffing gaps are monitored and filled
- Facilitate team meetings and arrange for development sessions that offer training, with the intent to expand employee goals in supporting clients
- Perform monthly one/one coaching sessions to team members
- Develop and report on budgets, monitor expenses, and resolve financial issues through liaison with the finance department and Executive Director
- Monitor, manage and track expenditure of participant placement incentives and client supports in accordance with quarterly budget allocations.
- Prompt and accurate completion and submission of mandated reports and plans.
- Ensure consistent communication with Executive Director with regards to ES program performance on a weekly basis
- Establish new and maintain existing professional collaborative relationships with key community stakeholders and youth networks with an eye to improving ES program awareness and service coordination efforts
- Represent PCAS; promote ES services to clients, employers, community organizations and networks in a professional manner
- Prepare and implement annual Outreach and Marketing plan to ensure consistent program visibility and relationship development within the community
- Support innovation and planning ideas to support the organizational vision and community needs
- Coordinate events that support the marketing of services to the community
Any other duties as deemed necessary.
Education, Training, and Experience:
- SSW College Diploma/University Degree/PMP
- A minimum of two years work experience in a managerial or leadership capacity
- Extensive knowledge of Employment Services with a minimum of two years’ experience in an ES coordinating role
- Extensive experience with Funder Case Management System (EOIS CaMS and CaseFLO)
- Demonstrated use of computer technology including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Outlook), Open Office, various web browsers, Internet networks, online employment tools, etc.
- Proven experience in establishing and maintaining professional relationships with key community stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to establish budgets and manage cash flow in accordance with organizational standards
- Proven strong leadership; effective management and team building skills
- Proficient written and oral communication skills in English
- Strong time management skills with a demonstrated ability to multi-task and prioritize effectively