Janitorial Cleaners – PCAS-2022-TH007
Location: Mississauga, ON
Wage: $15 an hour
We are actively seeking a hard-working janitor/sanitation cleaners who can maintain the cleanliness and safety of our newly built commercial laundry facility (2017), located at 6045 Freemont Blvd., Mississauga.
- Various shifts available – 365 days
- Maintain consistent quality of work which reflects a professional company image
- Offer full benefits to include health and dental.
- Night Shift Sanitation
- Repetitive cleaning work
- Working inside the dryers cleaning the Linen with scrapper
- 5 years of experience is required
You’ll be responsible for all cleaning duties of our facility. The ideal candidate has a great work ethic, experience with cleaning equipment and supplies, and takes pride in a job well done. Reporting to the Maintenance Manager, the janitor/sanitation cleaners will be responsible for:
- Maintaining the cleanliness and safety of the building.
- Vacuuming, mopping, scrubbing restrooms, offices, cleaning dyers and washing tunnels, cleaning surfaces with disinfectant and emptying trash cans or recycling bins.
- Sweep, mop, scrub, and wax floors with custodial equipment.
- Empty all waste containers in plant.
- Clean and disinfect production equipment.
- Cleans, sanitize and stocks restrooms.
- Handle leaf and snow removal as needed.
- Schedule all work to meet daily job expectations.
- Washes windows and mirrors.
- Wipes down and sanitizes surfaces.
- Perform other duties as required by the Chief Engineer.
- Execute all work in a safe, professional manner in compliance with Occupational Health and Safety Legislation.
- Perform daily preventative maintenance tasks on plant equipment
- Support Sr. Maintenance staff on complex projects as needed
- Provide support in completing maintenance requisitions from other departments as needed
- Clean site after completing repairs and return tools/parts to the maintenance shop
- Educational requirements include a high school diploma or equivalent
- At least 1 year of experience in janitorial services
- Must be able to read and write fluently
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Possess strong attention to detail
- Able to problem solve
- Can work independently
- Must be physically fit with the ability to lift, carry, and move heavy items
- Experience with a variety of cleaning supplies and cleaning equipment
- Excellent stamina and physical health
- Must be a hard worker with high attention to detail and a strong work ethic
Compensation package include comprehensive benefits, training, management support, uniform and working in a team environment.