Food Service Worker Lead – PCAS-2022- IV018
Industry: Hospitality Industry
Location: Mississauga, ON
Wage: Positions range between $16.50 and $17.50 depending on experience and location
- Lead all aspects of and assist in preparation of food items for the day and verifying the expiry dates on the products.
- Handling cash, handling daily banking deposits, tracking and daily maintenance of docs
- Responsible for placing orders and inventory management
- Cook and otherwise prepare foods according to recipes and directions.
- Alert management and pull food items that do not meet quality expectations.
- Handle any complaints while maintaining a positive attitude and smile.
- Assist with daily safety observations and report safety hazards discovered in the location to management for immediate cross-training in areas as the need arises
- Able to work in catering and special events required by your manager
- Perform task as requested by your manager on a weekly, bi-weekly, or monthly basis
- Lead all aspects of and advise the employees working on the line to ensure timely and effective service of the customers.
- Great customer service and interpersonal skills
- Strong leadership and supervisory skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to follow detailed written and verbal instructions
- Food Service Experience preferred
- Requires frequent lifting/transporting hot food items
- Ability to work inside kitchen area, interact with heated equipment, steam, loud noise, chemicals, and other at-risk conditions
- This role may have physical demands including, but not limited to, lifting, bending, pushing, pulling and/or extended walking and standing. This role may also require uniforms and/or usage of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
The positions are between 7am – 2 pm where the shift lengths may vary.