Finishing Technician – PCAS-2022-TH014
Location: Mississauga, ON
Wage: $18/hr +$1shift premium
Participate in the edging, assembly and treatment of eyewear to ensure that Production targets are met in accordance with safety and quality standards
- Prepare, block, edge and assemble eyewear according to job specifications on DVI work ticket
- Work in conformance with HOYA’s “Manufacturing Standards” in the production of eyewear to produce jobs right the first time, on-time, and according to HOYA Quality and Safety standards.
- Support production conformance to minimum standards regarding:
- % avg. days per job (turn around time)
- % Breakage
- Remake Ratio
- Assist in the basic operation, cleaning and ongoing maintenance of laboratory tools and equipment by in accordance with to established maintenance procedures and calendars.
- Other duties as assigned, including cross training
Product / Technical Knowledge
- Strives to improve technical knowledge through the communication with other HOYA staff, and through continual self-development. Applies that knowledge in own department and shares openly with colleagues in support of the continuous improvement of HOYA’s processes, products and services
- Optical Lens Training Required
- Post-Secondary Degree or Diploma in Optometry (asset)
- Minimum 5 years experience in optical lab, with emphasis on the Finishing Lab is required
- Ability to read and understand machine schematics (asset)
- Mechanical skills (asset)
- Strong basic math skills (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division)
Behavioural Competencies and Attributes
- Problem solving ability – Equipment breakdowns; quality issues;
- Time & Priority Management skills – Paperwork completion (Purchase requests), Job processing, supply level maintenance, maintenance calendars
- Multi-tasking – able to manage multiple job priorities despite time pressures and facility volume.
- Is attentive to detail with all measurements, calculations, equipment settings and defective product.
- Takes the initiative to notice and follow-up on discrepancies; suggests improvements; recommends solutions
- Give and receives Constructive Feedback with grace
Physical Skill and Effort
- On feet most of the day
- Low, moderate and high noise levels (not to exceed standards)
- Work produced is subject to precise measures of quantity and quality.
- Near vision and sharp focus to adjust vision when doing close work.
- Manual dexterity required to manipulate objects. Handling by seizing, holding, grasping, turning or otherwise working with the hands and fingers.
- Occasional lifting/ carrying 10 lbs or less, pushing/ pulling 30 lbs or less.
Will be discussed when selected.