Anti-reflective Technician (Nights) – PCAS-2022-TH015
Location: Mississauga, ON
Wage: $18/hr + $2 shift premium
Hours: Mon-Fri, 10:00pm-6:30am
Daily responsibilities include but are not limited to flow, organization, jobs preparation and operation of the A/R Coating Laboratory Production: Responsible in the areas of: Steady flow of jobs, verified/reviewed and directed to proper areas: (Stripping, A/R, hard coat or back to data entry or customer service etc), QA cosmetic Inspection upon completion, Problem and urgent jobs must be Prioritized, followed up on daily. Ensures that Quality Standards and Company safety and regulatory compliance programs are in place and followed. Conveys a commitment to providing unsurpassed Customer Service through ensuring that lab employees utilize all “Manufacturing Standards” to ensure the highest quality Anti-Reflection coatings. Anticipates problems before they occur; explores underlying reasons for recurring laboratory problems; goes beyond symptoms to get at causes; strives to develop long-term solutions. Support the operation in maintaining processes, equipment and improving costs, quality and delivery in all areas.
- Strives to improve knowledge through strong communications and commitment to excellence in working with Department staff and management
- Responsible for Coating Applications, following standard Operating procedures for batch processing, precise machine operations and light maintenance duties
- Responsible for accurate sorting applicable to specific Coat Items for batch identification and Process Applications
- Responsible for processing orders and meeting departmental and production targets in a timely manner
- Performs multiple tasks simultaneously with accuracy and thoroughness despite time pressures and facility volume.
- Is attentive to details for all Coating requirements / Department needs including materials preparation, maintenance preparations, machine operations, working safely and maintaining quality control measures
- Takes the initiative to observe and follow-up on discrepancies; suggests improvements; recommends solutions and does what is necessary to ensure customer satisfaction
- Ensures that all Company approved lab safety programs are executed consistently per standards, creating a safe working environment
- Responsible for the basic operation, cleaning and ongoing maintenance of laboratory tools and equipment by ensuring adherence to established; maintenance procedures and calendars
- Other duties as assigned
- High School OSSD diploma or equivalent required
- Minimum one (2) year of experience working in a production setting
- Optical/Mechanical Aptitude/ is beneficial
- Customer Service experience an asset
- Attention to detail with the ability to multi-task
- Assertive with a positive winning attitude
- Strong communicator and listener
- Problem solving ability
- Organization skills
Behavioural Competencies and Attributes
- working under time constraints; able to maintain a calm demeanour in times of stress
- Multi-tasking – able to manage multiple job priorities despite time pressures and facility volume.
- Is attentive to detail to interpret job order requirements and execute precise SOP’s to ensure processes are followed and Coating Applications are performed correctly within HOYA standards
- Takes Responsibility and Accountability for maintaining all role requirements
Physical Skill and Effort
- On feet most of the day
- Must be able to bend and stop. Some awkward poses for infrequent short durations
- Low, moderate and high noise levels (not to exceed standards)
- Work produced is subject to precise measures of quantity and quality.
- Near vision and sharp focus to adjust vision when doing close work.
- Finger dexterity required to manipulate objects with fingers. Handling by seizing, holding, grasping, turning or otherwise working with the hands and fingers.
- Occasional lifting/ carrying 10 lbs or less, pushing/ pulling 30 lbs or less
Will be discussed when selected.